Abstract submission is closed.
Researchers in applied linguistics, social marketing, shared decision making, communication (from interpersonal to mass media), psychology, government, and health education are called to make proposals aimed at advancing a synergistic relationship between research and practical information in order to build a new interdisciplinary view of argumentation in Health Communication. With a focus on areas of technology and public health, ethics, politics/policy, and the application of health communication principles, proposals are invited for 20-minute paper presentations as well as posters on any of the suggested areas:
- Health Literacy
- Intercultural Communication in Health
- Media and Health Communication
- Medical Education
- Public Understanding of Health and Illness
- Health Technologies and Medical Informatics
- Tailoring Health Messages
- Digital Health
- Technology-mediated interaction in healthcare
- Narrative approaches to health communication
- Ethics and Communication
For all submissions, please clearly indicate:
- Abstract title, author names, and full institutional affiliations of the responsible (presenting) author and collaborating authors (if present)
- Contact e-mail address and phone number for the responsible author
- 4-5 Keywords
Due to the limited number of positions, proposals will be reviewed and selected based on their relevance of the topic to the conference theme; theoretical/methodological appropriateness and clarity and originality of claims/findings. Oral presentations will be scheduled in the afternoon in 90-minute sessions, with 30 minutes (20 min. presentation + 10 min. discussion) allocated to each individual presentation.
The deadline for submission is 30 April 2019 and acceptance notifications will be issued by 15 May 2019.